In accordance with the Information Technology (Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021 (“IT Rules”), Skoovi is publishing this compliance statement to ensure transparency for our users / purchasers. In this statement, we will be sharing detailed information about the legal compliance which we strictly implement on our users.
- VNB Technologies Pvt Ltd (Skoovi) is a company registered under the Companies Act, and has its registered office at H.NO.1-8-450-1, A-49, Ashirwad Building, Indian Airlines Colony, Street No. 3, LaneNo.3, Be Hyderabad Hyderabad TG 500003 IN. VNB Technologies Pvt Ltdoperates Skoovi App (for iOS & Android), a recruitment website for talent lead acquisition.
- Significant Social Media Intermediary:
Skoovi is a Significant Social Media Intermediary and has implemented policies and procedures to comply with the requirements of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021 (hereinafter the “Rules”).
- Due Diligence
- In addition to other requirements prescribed by the Rules, Skoovi Policies specifically prohibit users from publishing content that is (i) invasive of another’s bodily privacy or harmful or harassing on the basis of gender especially children; or (ii) is patently false or misleading but appearing as a fact; or (iii) impersonates or deceives or is false with the intention of causing injury or wrongful loss or harassment wrongful gain or fraud; or (iv) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, or (v) violates any law. Skoovi will endeavour to deploy technology-based measures, including automated tools or other mechanisms, to proactively identify content which falls within the above categories and others.
- Orders by a court of competent jurisdiction or Appropriate Government or its agency or take down or any other purposes should be addressed for compliance to the Resident Grievance Officer with a copy to Nodal Contact Officer and Chief Compliance Officer (contact details below).
- On receipt of a written request for information from a lawfully authorized government agency clearly stating the purpose for which it is required, SKOOVI shall provide such information or assistance in its control or possession to the government authority within 72 hours.
- In compliance with the Rules, registration information from a user and/or information which has been removed or to which access has been disabled, shall be retained by SKOOVI for a period of 180 days from the date of cancellation or withdrawal or removal or disablement.
- Additional Due Diligence:
The physical contact address of SKOOVI for the purposes of receiving communication addressed to it under the H.NO.1-8-450-1, A-49, Ashirwad Building, Indian Airlines Colony, Street No. 3, LaneNo.3, Be Hyderabad TG 500003 IN.
SKOOVI has implemented the following mechanism for dealing with grievances:
- Grievances relating to violation of the Rules must be addressed to the Resident Grievance Officer at grievance@Skoovi.app with a copy to the Chief Compliance Officer at grievance@Skoovi.app. The complaint must contain such information as is necessary in order for SKOOVI to investigate and take action.
- Reported grievances will be acknowledged within 24 hours of receipt along with a unique identification number. Grievances will be disposed of within 15 days from date of receipt. Wherever practical, information on action taken or not taken by SKOOVI may be provided to the reporter of the grievance.
- Grievances by an individual relating to exposure of their private areas, full or partial nudity or depicting such individual in any sexual act or conduct; or impersonation in an electronic form, including artificially morphed images will be acted upon within 24 hours.
- A monthly compliance report containing information as specified by the Rules will be published on the website under the link Compliance.
- Users may opt for voluntary verification of accounts using an active Indian phone number. All such requests may be sent to support@Skoovi.appor raised within the Skoovi App. A visual identifier will be shown against the profiles of users who have voluntarily verified themselves.
- Publishers (as defined under the Rules) of news and current affairs content should take note of the information statement in compliance with the Rules can be found under the link Compliance. On confirmation by such publishers of compliance with the Rules, Skoovi will display a visible verification mark against their profiles.
- SKOOVI has appointed Indian residents to ensure compliance with the Rules:
Chief Compliance Officer for ensuring compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules
Nodal Contact Officer for 24×7 coordination with law enforcement agencies and officers to ensure compliance to their orders or requisitions made in accordance with the provisions of law or rules made thereunder
Resident Grievance Officer to (i) acknowledge a complaint in relation to the Rules within 24 hours and dispose off such complaint within fifteen days from the date of its receipt; and (ii) receive and acknowledge any order, notice or direction issued by the Appropriate Government, any competent authority or a court of competent jurisdiction.